Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Caitlyn...JOY???

Well, one of the reasons I gave her the middle name of Joy is because I was so sure she would have a Joyful heart! It was my mission in life to pray it into her and make sure she was joyful, if there was anything I could do about it, it would be done. You can imagine my dismay when she does nothing but fuss, scream and have a sour look on her face for the first month of her life! I can tell right away she has a short temper, Steve and I have no idea where that came from. This, however, can be trained. But, she cries alot, screams when she goes potty and is just plain unhappy. The good news is I think we have discovered the reasons for her un-joyful-ness (is that a word?). I will spare all the details, but we discovered she is sensitive to dairy products! This is not a big surprise since Aaron was as well. She is also a bit sensitive to all the veggies I am eating, as well as the chocolate. I even buy the chocolate with no milk, come-on, you can't deny a girl her chocolate! We need to have a little woman to woman chat about that one, everything else is do-able. Since taking out all the dairy she is a much happier baby. There are times when she fusses and screams, but she's a baby, they gotta do that a little. I have just succumbed to the fact she is sensitive and I will need to be very careful with what I eat. This isn't difficult for me since I love the area of nutrition and how it affects the body, and, as Steve can attest, my diet is quite bland to begin with. So, here are a few pictures where she is actually happy. They are quite hard to come by, so this is exciting for me! Hopefully we wil have many more of them to come!

No comments: