Thursday, March 08, 2007

And let the people rejoice! ( to be said in a sing-song kindof voice :-)

Alelujah! Caitlyn SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!! Can you tell I am exstatic about this!? Well, let me give you the low-down on how it all came about..... We went to a baby shower last night that started at 7pm. It was a weird time and I didn't feel comfortable leaving her home. So, off we went to the baby shower, just the girls. We didn't arrive until 7:45 because the house was in a place I was not familiar with and it was dark with lots of traffic. She never cried until 5 minutes before we got there! What a good girl. So, we said our "hi's" and she quickly got cranky (well, it's passed her bedtime), so we got her changed and I nursed her, then she fell asleep. I passed her to a friend who wanted her turn to hold her, I couldn't pass her up on that offer, so Caitlyn stayed alseep for a few minutes but woke to some woman cooing at her beautiful sight. She was passed around between some longing woman and she got cranky again towards the end so I fed her again and we went home. I told her in a nice firm voice that she had a choice. She could go to sleep and have a happy heart or she could scream in the car like she always does. I got in the drivers seat and told her where I was and talked with her for a minute, then I noticed she was getting fussy. She did this for a minute or so, then promptly went to sleep. This may not seem like a big deal, but, you see, she sleeps on her tummy so going to sleep on her back is very uncomfortable and unnatural to her. What a good girl! So, I took a picture of her when we got back, I was just so proud of her and I wanted everyone to see. This, ofcourse, startled her, but she went right back to sleep. I put her in her bed, at this time it was 9:30 pm. (2 hours later than her normal bedtime). I woke at 8:30 this morning feeling slightly odd. Then I thought about it for a minute...........Wait, what, umm...where did, hmmmm.....when....HUH??? She never woke to nurse! SHE SLEPT THROUGH! WOW!! Well, it is now 9:30 am and she has been asleep for 12 hours! Yahoo! And like all neurotic mommies, I checked to make sure she was breathing. She is. Then I quickly walked out of the room to have some time with Ethan and tell everyone I knew, who would care at this hour of the morning, that she is still asleep. So, I should go do something productive while I have the chance, lest she wake before I get anything done! (will post the pics later)

No comments: