Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Favorite things

Some of my favorite memories from growing up are target shooting with my dad and campfires. The one on one time you get is priceless no matter the activity, and target shooting is one of the things my dad really enjoyed, so I got in on the action. It's something I never thought my boys would experience because, well, living in Sinapore, options are limited for that activity! But, this year my dad desided that would be a fun activity to teach them. Great idea, they love it! I am so blessed my dad can relate to them, and they can gleen from him.
Ahhh, and campfires. We would have them every night when we went camping in Coles Creek. The smell of the fire, roasting marshmallows for s'mores, sitting on mom or dad's lap, and sometimes singing songs. Those were good times. Well, we don't go camping at Coles Creek, but dad designed a fire pit in his backyard so we could do campfires whenever we wanted. The boys request it quite often, but I think they love having s'mores and staying up late. And, having the Poker Stick is an honor everyone vies for, but only the lucky are priveledged with!

2 comments:

Candice said...

Woo hoo! Big blog update by Wendy! You are so beautiful! You don't look any different from when I saw you 4 years ago! The kids are precious, too, and looks like they are a lot of fun (and energy)!
Were all of these posts back in NY?

Gina Marie said...

I love your shirt! Great picture of you! Been shopping much?