Friday, July 03, 2009

Horses and Turkeys and deer, Oh MY!

Because we live out in the country, we see a number of farms and wildlife whenever we drive somewhere. Caitlyn loves looking for the cows and horses, they are pretty easy to spot from her point of view. One of the things I remember vividly from my childhood is my dad always looking out the car window for deer and turkey. He's a hunter, so was always looking out for them, hunting or not. My mom also burned in my memory the fact that deer run out in the road when you least expect it especially in the spring and fall, so we always had our eyes peeled at dusk looking for them. Funny the way you remember some things from growing up. So, I have been teaching the boys to spot deer and turkey as we drive through the country side. Caitlyn is always asking me where the cows and horses are and I saw Aaron sitting up looking very intently out the window the other day in the car, it was so neat to see him interested in it like I was/am.

No comments: