Saturday, May 26, 2007

What Caitlyn's been up to

Caitlyn has been growing by leaps and bounds, almost litterally, but not quite. One of her new things is bringing her hands and knees up in the crawling position. I know it's been a while, but I thought they usually sit up before they crawl. We were hoping she'd hold off on the whole mobility thing until we got back from the states in order to make the plane ride more do-able. Unfortunately, I don't think it's in our favor this time. But, isn't she so cute!!!! I could brag on her all day.
Another thing I started doing, and not sure if I really like the idea truthfully, is give her a carrot stick to gnaw on. I usually don't start giving them anything food-like until 9-10 mo. at least! But she looked so darn cute as I was eating, and she is teeething a bit, so this looked like the perfect teether. Especially since all my research in natural health, and finding that the plastics in baby toys are really not a good idea to have in your mouth as much as a baby does.
She was so cute when I first gave it to her she just twisted it in her hand studying it. When she put it in her moputh, she had a funny look because it was a bit chilled, but this didn't last long, she gnawed on it for a good 1/2 hour. She's gonna be my whole-foods baby!

No comments: