Tuesday, May 27, 2008

$5 Tomato

When Mom Wilson was here, she helped me buy a tomato plant and get it established, knowing my desire for gardeing and yet severe lack of skill. We took great care of it, only the best soil, vermiculite, and compost would do. The perfect pot, the perfect spot, and the little fencing to support it's soon to be heavy branches, because I was sure it was going to yield so many tomatos with all this great care!
Unfortunately all that was in vain because only a few nights later we had one of Singapore's tropical storms, the kind where you wonder if the thunder and lightening can actually get any closer or possibly get inside your house! Our poor tomato plant tried, but there was just too much water! It actually survived this storm, but ad insult to injury, there was a second storm 2 days later, saturating the drowning plant again.
So, this is my $5 tomato. I am not sure gardening is in my future.

No comments: