Sunday, August 31, 2008

First day of school

School is here once again. They donned thier uniforms, got thier backpacks ready with thier list of school supplies, packed thier lunches and off they went. It was so easy this yr to get everyone inot routine, what a blessing.
The banner they have hanging on the school is based on 2 John 1:1-6. This is there school theme! What a blessing we have in the ability to teach our children God's Word, at school, in S.E. Asia! God is so good.
Cate and I have missed them throughout the day, but we are relishing the quiet time we have together, for they are now numbered!
I didn't even get teary at seeing the little ones (mostly Ethan) going off to school. That is, until I took him to the bus when Steve had to go in to work early one morning. Seeing Ethan board the bus, blow kisses out the window and waving feverishly at me for fear I might miss him, it broke my heart! It was so precious to see, these days are gone in an instant, may it serve as a reminder that I need to cherish each moment I have with my precious children and never to take advantage of the time we have.

No comments: