Saturday, December 13, 2008

Grace Sufficient

2 Corinthians 12:9 "But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me". 2 Corinthians 12:9

This has been the whole of my strength and ability to go on daily without giving up. Since we have arrived in NY we have been bombarded with every illness conceivable, as well as very trying circumstances. This past week Steve had to fly to Portland for business, my parents went to Fla and I stayed with the children intending the best of homeschool and daily living. Suffice it to say, God had other plans for us.

As Steve left, the children and I were battling sinus infections, without an "in network" Dr whose philosophy I agreed with. That's ok, I thought, I can handle it. And off I marched to the Health Food store to buy every remedy I could find to relieve our symptoms and rid the infections. Awesome, it worked! We were doing great and ready for schooling and life skills they so desperately need (or is it me that needs for them to have those skills?). That night Caitlyn slept through until 6am, which is completely unheard of, Praise God! But, Aaron woke up vomitting like there was no tomorrow. UGH. Let's just say that it went through all of us in the course of the week. At one point, there were 4 of us being sick almost simultaneously! Not a pretty sight. I was here on my own with noone to help. Grace Sufficient.

Grace Sufficient is all I could manage to think, pray and believe to keep going. And truly, by His Grace alone, I am standing here healthy and ready to take on what God has for me. For when I am weak, He is strong, and what better strength to go on daily!

4 comments:

carebear7951 said...

Oh Wendy, what a rough, horrible icky week you had. I'm so sorry!! I hope things are looking up! Hey, you close on your house in just a few days, right???? Wooo!!

Candice said...

I TOTALLY understand about finding a doctor you agree with! We are going through that, too. Your faith is encouraging.

Gina Marie said...

No! You're supposed to tell me that everyone's feeling so much better in America! I'm so sorry it's been hard. But you're right - He is sufficient. And we can only discover the depths of His resources when we're at the end of ours. But it's not an easy place to be. You're in my prayers!

Six Wilsons said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys! We are getting better thankfully! And, we close on the house this fri, I am so excited!!!