Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Second Day of School!

Why not the first day of school? Well, I decided it was better to remember the 2nd day than the first. It was "School Spirit" week at ICS. This means you dress up in different themes assigned for the particular day. Day 2 was "mismatch day". They all had so much fun with that one. Other days were "celebrity day", "futuristic day", "pajama day", you get the idea.
The first day was full of hurrying, and stress for me. The rain came down inside and out. We arrived a bit late because it was raining so heavy that morning. It seemed like the longest carride ever. I was excited for my little boy to start school but it was hard to see him in a sea of people not knowing what to do with it all. The excitement and flurry of people at the schoolyard was a bit too much for both of us.
BUT, we both survived and are loving it!
Ethan's teacher is Mrs. Lawrence. She has 5 children, whom she homeschooled for several years before moving to Singapore. You can imagine my delight when I heard this! A woman who shares my heart. Ethan loves her, and I am sure they will have a fantastic year!
Aaron's Teacher is Miss Ringy. Actually, that's not how you spell her name, but that's how it's pronounced (ca't remember how to spell it). She is also a great teacher. He is one of 10 students I think, so his cvlass it quite small this year. Miss Ringy had the class write Aaron welco0me notes for his first day. This blessed us beyond measure! His face lit up so brightly and he wanted to make them all cards in return. For him, having friends and fitting in ranks real high. He was afraid it would be hard to make friends. God is taking care of them exactly the way they need to be.
Ryan enjoys having someone to ride the bus with in the morning, and is a great big brother helping Ethan get settled when they first get there. I am blessed by his friendship and responsibility to them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its just amazing to see how much they've grown!! and I can relate to that feeling you explained about seeing them in the sea of children at school, i felt that way last year when we took them and Aaron disappeared into the crowd.... but they do seem to have such a Great Time ... So God Bless Them and You!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of the mismatch week. what fun that must have been. Its hard to believe that they are all in school, how time flies. They are beautiful children. Gram